Students love this wonderful series that Mary Pope Osborne has written of the Magic Tree House.
This packet contains ten lessons about the first book in the series, Dinosaurs Before Dark. You can choose which ones and how many you have your students complete. Your decision will probably be based on what you want your students to know and how old or advanced they are.
For several of the lessons, there are two choices for how students learn—one way is for younger or less academically advanced students and one way is for older or more academically advanced students.
Some of the lessons are on individual chapters and some are over the entire book.
The lessons covered are:
1. Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How Questions (with KEY) OR Circle the Answer and Write the Answer Questions
2. Comparing and Contrasting Character and Dinosaur Traits (both a chart for each and a Venn diagram for each) both with KEYs
3. Sequence of Events with KEY
5. Creating a Dinosaur (art and writing lesson)
6. Nouns and Adjectives (1. Describe the Dinosaur 2. Find the Nouns and Adjectives) both with KEYs
7. Finding Common Nouns sand Proper Nouns with KEY
8. Drawing and Writing About Your Favorite Part of the Book
9. Problems and Solutions with KEY
10. Writing an Opinion Paper
Also in this lesson is an Independent Reading Contract that
you can give to students.
Have fun with this exciting book!