This reading unit is a companion guide for #11 of the Magic Tree House Series... Lions at Lunchtime. There's...
* 2 questions to quickly check students' comprehension for each chapter
* 6 Vocabulary words for both a teacher chart and student reference for chapters 1-9
* Fun Vocabulary games that promote discussion of new words
* Reading strategy/skill posters to print or digitally project
(Strategies/Skills covered include monitoring comprehension, sequencing, problem/solution, visualizing, ask and answer questions, and character traits)
* Strategy/skill assignments for each chapter
(Strategies/Skills covered include sequencing, problem/solution, visualizing, ask and answer questions, and character traits)
My class loved this book and using these activities deepened their understanding of the story and expanded their vocabulary. Check out the preview to view student work samples to see if this resource would be a good fit for your classroom as well.
Keywords: Magic Tree House #11 Lions at Lunchtime; Lions at Lunchtime