For your teaching convenience, we have prepared an awesome packet to be used with Mary Pope Osborne's 21st installment in the Magic Tree House series: Civil War on Sunday! Our Common Core aligned packet mines this emotionally intense (but ultimately rewarding) book for all kinds of reading comprehension practice, so it's probably best to jump right in and tell you what's included!
Here's what we provide for each chapter:
* An "I Can" statement that gives an overall learning objective that clearly states what each child should be able to do upon completion of the chapter.
* Pre-selected vocabulary words, definitions, example sentences, and a place for your students to practice using these words.
* A mini-lesson that introduces a specific reading skill.
* A reading skill practice example with examples from the story.
Reading Skills Include:
- Cause and Effect
- Main Idea and Supporting Details
- Reference the Text
- Context Clues
- Fact and Opinion
* Activities that the students complete to practice the reading skill.
* A literacy skill practice assignment that students can complete individually, in pairs or small groups, or with the teacher.
Literacy Skills Include:
- Concrete and Abstract Nouns
- Common and Proper Nouns
- Singular and Plural Nouns
* A writing challenge section that invites students to participate with the characters and plot by drawing parallels to their own experiences. (Think: text-to-self, text-to-text, or text-to-world.)
* A vocabulary review that allows students to complete sentences using the appropriate vocabulary word from that chapter.
What else do we provide?
* Test Prep Mini-Lesson
that shares strategies for answering questions
* A 12-question multiple-choice assessment
that prepares students for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests.
* 34 super-cute original clip art illustrations!
* Answer Keys.
* Civil War on Sunday book set.
* Your own special Teacher Swag!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome!
Don't miss out!
Check out our Guided Reading Plans for the next installment of the Magic Tree House series, Revolutionary War on Wednesday
By the way,
if you find yourself in need of extra context clue practice, we've got PLENTY. Check these resources out:
* Introduction to Context Clues - FREEBIE
* A Third Grader's Guide to Context Clues
* A Fourth Grader's Guide to Context Clues
Following, Rating, and Earning Credits
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.