Magic Tree House: Dolphins at Daybreak by Mary Pope Osborne is a perfect chapter book to use with your 2nd through 4th graders! Whether you plan on having this as your guided reading book, use it in book clubs, give students the book as an independent reading project or just use as a read aloud, this unit plan will be perfect to engage your students and further their reading skills.
Your purchase includes over 100 pages of plans and activities, including…
1. Detailed lesson plans, organized by chapter – detailing vocabulary, before/during/after reading directions, writing extension activities
Comprehension Skills: characterization, story elements, cause
and effect, making inferences, problem solving,
compare/contrast, make predictions, sequence events
2. Vocabulary exercises
3. Anchor charts, posters and graphic organizers to use throughout the book
4. Chapter questions and answer key
5. End of the book test and answer key
6. Ocean Animal Research Project
* Includes my Elementary Research Forms - $3.50 value on its own!
* 12 different animal cards with QR codes, options for student
presentations, rubric for easy grading
7. 2 Craftivities – setting and research
The only thing you need to teach this book is the books! The tedious work is done for you – there’s minimal prep so you can basically print and teach!