Let your students experiment with all different sorts of tricks of magic and of the mind with my Magic Tricks and Optical Illusions Packet.
Allow for your class to really experiment with hands on tricks with no mess and no additional resources needed!! This packet is very engaging and high interest, and is very easy for students to do independently in a center environment.
This packet includes multiple activities including:
1. Guess My Age --magical math and numbers trick/worksheet
2. "Pick a Card, Any Card" --directions to a simple card trick with the final step left out. Put your students' critical thinking skills to work as they determine how the trick works!
3. Magic Word Search --students can explore some magical vocabulary with this fun word search!
4. Cut a Woman in Half Trick (using a paper model) -- students can experiment with this classic trick using the cut-outs and directions provided. A fun way to model a well-known magic secret!
5. Optical Illusions -- Two pages of mind tricks and optical illusions for your students to see first hand how the brain can fall for visual tricks!
This is best suited for grades 3-6. It is truly a great resource for a unit on magic!
Please leave feedback!