This board game is used to help students become comfortable with reading words containing an a_e pattern. It also addresses CVC words and nonsense words. The game can be played with 1-4 players.
1. Print the file with two copies of page 2 onto cardstock paper.
2. Cut out the cards and Magic "e" Wands and laminate.
3. Students take turns drawing a card and moving a playing piece the indicated number of spaces and reading the word on the space.
4. Students should read the starred a_e words, or read the CVC word and use the wand to change it into an a_e word.
5. Winner is the first to finish. (Cards can be reshuffled if they run out)