Was your favorite wizard school not hiring music teachers this year? This Magical Music Classroom Theme set is for you! This is a huge bundle of resources designed to transform your classroom into a magical place to learn! These resources are specifically designed for the music classroom- particularly elementary- but can definitely be used in a secondary choir, orchestra or band classroom.
Several poster sets use the traditional house colors. One house has two different versions: blue and bronze (in the books), blue and gray (in the movies). Most poster sets have full-color and printer-friendly versions. Feel free to post picture of my products in your classroom on social media with #magicalmusiccclassroom !
-Added Ukulele Chord Charts
-Added a larger version of the Bulletin Board file (the clip art is larger)
-Corrected versions of dynamics posters (added definitions for crescendo and decrescendo)
Included in this bundle:
1. Link to a Pinterest board of magical classroom themed-decorating ideas!
2. Tempo Posters: full-color and printer-friendly versions
3. Dynamics Posters: full-color and printer-friendly versions, with and without clip art, with and without definitions
4. MUSIC Rules: full-color and printer-friendly versions, with and without clip art, multiple clip art options
M- make good choices
U- Use good manners
S- Speak, sing or play when asked.
I- Involve yourself. Participate!
C- Care for the music room.
5. Classroom Jobs/House Elves- includes a blank editable slide to add your own jobs
6. Objective Posters with different options for fonts and wording- includes blank editable slides
Provides posters for each grade level or musical group. You can laminate these posters and write your objectives for each class with a dry-erase marker. This makes your objectives easy to update.
In Music I Can:
In Music We Can:
Today we will:
Objective posters for grades PK-12
Also includes Honor Choir, Instrument Ensemble, Choir, Band, Orchestra
7. Quote Posters: full-color and printer-friendly versions
Inspirational quotes from the books by J.K. Rowling. Post these around your room for some magical encouragement!
8. Hand Sign Posters: full-color and printer-friendly versions, multiple skin tone options
Low So/So - High Do
9. Elements of Music Posters: full-color and printer-friendly versions, with and without clipart
Elements of music: steady beat, rhythm, tempo, dynamics, pitch, melody, harmony, tone color/timbre, form
10. Levels of Understanding Posters: full-color and printer-friendl versions, with and without clipart
Use these posters to help check your students’ understanding of concepts.
Level 1: I do not understand and I need help.
Level 2: I am beginning to understand, but I have questions.
Level 3: I am confident I can do this on my own.
Level 4: I am confident that I can teach someone how to do this.
11. House Posters/Instrument Families: full-color and printer-friendly versions
This file includes posters for the four wizard school houses, as well as posters for each instrument family and the individual instruments.
12. Recorder Rules & Fingering Charts
1. Sit up straight and tall
2. Left hand on top
3. Start the sound with “doo”
4. Blow warm, slow air
5. Cover the holes. Leaks make squeaks!
6. Start and finish with the group
Fingerings for Low C- high F
13. Notes and Rests Posters- color-coordinated
14. Staff Bulletin Board
Your students will love learning the lines and spaces of the staff with this Quidditch-themed bulletin board! There is a larger version and a smaller version, depending on the size of your bulletin board.
15. Binder Covers – blank editable slides included
Music Teacher Binder – multiple clip art versions and different house colors
16. Instrument Labels- blank editable pages included
17. Orff Instrument Visuals & Labels
1. Do not stop over the instruments. Walk around them!
2. Move instruments carefully.
3. Use two hands to remove bars.
4. Hold your mallets like you are holding onto bicycle handlebars.
5. Bounce your mallet in the middle of the bar.
6. Follow the conductor.
C, D, F, G pentatonic setup visuals
Contrabass Bars C D E F F# G A B Bb
18. Magical Music Street/Magical Solfa Street Bulletin Board
Magical Music Street is a fun way to teach your students about solfa and pitch intervals.
Includes pitches low So/Sol – Do’
Includes Magical Music/Solfa/Melody Street wording options
19. Welcome Signs and Exit Tickets
-Welcome to Music!
-“Ah, music! A magic beyond all we do here!” -Professor Dumbledore
-Blank Exit Tickets
20. Ensemble Posters- full-color and printer-friendly versions
Solo, duet, trio, quartet, quintet
21. Ukule Chord Posters *added 8/12/18*
Chords included: A, A7, Am, B, B7, Bb, Bm, C, C7, Cm, D, D7, Dm, E, E7, Eb, Em, F, F7, Fm, G, G7, Gm
Blog: Harmony with Ms Hammon
Facebook: Harmony with Ms Hammon
Instagram: Harmony with Ms Hammon
Pinterest: Harmony with Ms Hammon
Copyright 2018 Rachel Hammon