Perfect for supplies, everyday classroom use, and/or early finishers, these six versatile worksheets will help your young magicians reinforce their knowledge of notes on the staff, basic rhythms in 2/4, 3/4 and 4/4 time, and dynamics (mezzo-forte, piano, forte, and crescendo)!
This package includes:
• Two worksheets where students must add bar lines to rhythms in various time signatures to “cast spells” (quarter, half, dotted half, and whole notes; quarter rest). You can also have them clap the rhythms after they’ve added the bar lines if you wish
• Two note-matching worksheets (match the note name to the note on the staff) - covers a random smattering of notes between bass clef D (below middle C) and treble clef G (above middle C)
• One listening worksheet (listen to the music and circle the appropriate dynamic marking) - piano, mezzo-forte, forte, and crescendo
• One color-by-rhythm sheet (Merlin’s hat) - eighth (2 beamed), quarter, half, dotted half, and whole notes; quarter and half rest
• Teacher solutions for all worksheets except the listening exercise