Magnets - Hands on tasks to introduce inquiry into the mysteries of magnets! This works great as an introductory lesson. Some basic materials are required. Part of the Magnet Bundle!
These six tasks can be printed in color and laminated for student work stations. Recording sheets are included for student accountability. This pack includes two bonus activities!
Key vocabulary explored: poles, attract, repel, compass, electromagnet, magnetic, non-magnetic, magnetic field, magnetic force
- Print station cards and copy recording sheets for each student. Student could also answer the questions in their science notebooks to save paper.
- Station 1: no additional materials needed
- Station 2: a compass or a video of a compass being rotated
- Station 3: two bar magnets
- Station 4: two bar magnets
(Stations 3 & 4 could easily be combined into one)
- Station 5: a variety of magnetic and non-magnetic materials
- Station 6: ring magnets and a pencil
Created with GA 3rd grade standards in mind:
S3P2. Students will investigate magnets and how they affect other magnets and common objects.
a. Investigate to find common objects that are attracted to magnets.
b. Investigate how magnets attract and repel each other.
Make sure to leave feedback and earn 1 TpT Credit for every dollar spent! Redeem 20 points for $1 off any product on TpT!