Seven stations for your students to explore magnets.
1. Magnetic or Not? Students make predictions and then test magnets on different items to see if they are magnetic.
2. Floating Ring Magnets: Students stack ring magnets so that they float and make observations about their interactions.
3. How Many Paperclips? Students test different magnets' strength to see how many paperclips they can pick up.
4. Magnetic Field Demonstrators: Students use magnets and field demonstrators to generate a magnetic field and then draw three representations of what they observe.
5. Iron in cereal: Students pull iron out of iron fortified cereal and make observations.
6. Is the Magnet Strong Enough? Students put paper and other substances between the magnet and paperclips to see if the magnets will still work.
7. Magnets and compasses: Students test the effect of magnets on compass.
Includes a sign with directions for each station.