Students will investigate the magnetic properties through this engaging, discovery-based unit. Students partake in experiments to come up with conclusions about magnets on their own in carefully planned and guided lessons.
This unit includes:
- What is a magnet?
- What is magnetic and non-magnetic?
- Polarity and the interaction of a magnet's poles.
- Magnetic strength experiment
- Magnetic force experiment
- Magnets in everyday life
- Summative assessment where students create a magnetic toy that demonstrates one of three main magnetic properties (planning sheet and note home).