Also included in
- Magnetic Fields - A 5E Lesson Bundle for high school students. Everything you need in one tidy package. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. Each included resource is either completely or almost comp$14.97$25.95Save $10.98
- Electricity and Magnetism Unit. This unit includes a full lesson set for complete coverage of Electricity, Circuit, Magnetic Fields, Motors and Generators, and Electrical Safety along with associated activities. You'll also find a full, day-by-day breakdown of how I teach this unit in my own classro$34.97$66.00Save $31.03
This 32-slide lesson on Magnetic Fields begins with a student-centered discussion on the applications of magnetism as well as a brief overview of what magnets are and how they're used. It then goes into Magnetic Poles, Permanent vs. Temporary Magnets, and Earth’s Magnetic Field. It concludes by examining Oersted’s Principal, the Right-Hand Rule, the connection between Magnetism and Electricity, Solenoids, Electromagnetism, Faraday’s and Lenz’s Law, and Conventional Current vs. Electron Flow. It is a thorough overview and introduction that will fit any high school classroom well.
This lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket, 4 embedded videos, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion.
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my Magnetic Fields - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
1. Magnet Fields
2. Law of Magnetic Poles
3. Permanent vs. Temporary Magnets
4. Earth’s Magnetic Field
5. Oersted’s Principle
6. The Right-Hand Rule
7. Magnetism and Electricity
9. Electromagnetism and Electromagnetic Induction
10. Faraday’s and Lenz’s Laws
11. Conventional Current and Electron Flow
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
- Google and Office versions of each resource
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- Auto-graded Exit Ticket
- 4 Embedded Videos
- Student lesson handout
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
This lesson along with the following can be found within my Electricity and Magnetism Unit.
- Lesson 1 - Electricity Overview-Current, Voltage, Power, and Cost
- Lesson 2 - Electric Circuits – Current, Voltage, and Resistance
- Lesson 3 - Magnetic Fields - Magnets, Electromagnet, and Their Applications
- Lesson 4 - Motors and Generators
- Lesson 5 - Electrical Safety
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.