Magnetism and Electricity – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to light terminology (attract, repel, pole, magnetic field, electromagnet, motor, and generator).
• Basic magnet principles
• Magnet poles and particles
• The Earth’s magnetic field
• Viewing and using magnetic fields
• Introduction to basic electric motors (with a short video)
• Generators (with a short video)
• AC and DC current
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are compass, wire loop, repel, electromagnet, magnetic field, pole, generator, ac current, attract, turbine, dc current, and motor.
• Activity two has students identifying how electricity travels from a power plant to a home through a matching activity. Included principles:
o Power plants
o High voltage lines
o Step down transformers
o Transformer drums
o Power lines