Comprehension Question Cards for Plot and Main Idea with CCSS!!
Included in this download are 10 questions about plot. The questions are written on printable question cards in color and black & white, as well as on printable lined paper. These can be used over-and-over again with any fiction book. Ideas for using these question cards and paper include:
* As discussion questions during guided reading or whole group instruction.
* As an assessment tool after whole group instruction or guided reading.
* For independent work in literacy centers.
* For group discussions during literature circles.
* For students to copy and respond to in their reader’s notebooks.
* Any other creative way that works for your classroom!
Common Core State Standards that apply to these questions:
* CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.3.1 Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
* CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.3.2 Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or moral and explain how it is conveyed through key details in the text.
* CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.3.3 Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events
**This freebie is a way for me to say thank you to all my followers!!! I am so grateful for the massive support I have received since I began selling on TpT in July 2012. I feel honored to be helping my fellow teachers so that they can provide the very best instruction for their students!
To see all the Comprehension Question Cards in one Money-Saving Bundle click the link below!
Comprehension Question Cards Bundle
CLICK THE LINKS TO SEE EACH SET:
Questions about Characters
Questions about Setting
Questions about Tension
Questions about Theme
Questions about Problem and Solution
Questions about Evidence
Questions about Main Idea and Details
Questions about Retelling and Summarizing
Questions about Author's Purpose
Questions about Visualizing
Questions about Vocabulary
Questions about Reflecting