Also included in
- Need some new ideas to ramp up your students' reading skills? Give your students some practice with these reading activities for main idea and supporting details, have them practice close reading with high interest non-fiction texts and teach them reading strategies with my comprehension mini lesson$14.75$19.75Save $5.00
Activities for main idea and details! Do your students struggle to grasp the concept of main idea and supporting details? This can be a difficult concept for some students to master. With a variety of ideas and resources, this packet will help with that! Most of the activities included are no prep. Just print and go!
This main idea packet includes:
How to determine the main idea mini poster
Rain cloud craftivity with templates to use with any book
Monkey craftivity with templates and story
Main idea grab game for 4 players-Students will have their own playing mat and draw a card. They will determine if the card they drew matches one of the main ideas on their mat.(Answer key provided)
Leveled Sorting game-students will get a bag of cards and a sorting mat. They will decide if the cards are main ideas or details and place them in the appropriate place.
Organizers-Students will work in groups to come up with four details to support the main idea they are given. This can then be placed in a writing center for other students to complete a story with.
Task cards with recording sheet
Cut and Glue flip organizer to use with any book
*Ink friendly pages included for all games and posters*
Download the preview for a look at everything included.
⭐Have you been thinking about starting your own TpT store or already have one and want to increase your sales? By creating and selling your own resources, you can earn some extra money while impacting teachers and students around the world! Click HERE for a FREE 30 minute video that shares a simple 3-step process that you can use to create teacher resources that will sell!
Or if you want to go even farther click HERE to join the Better Together Experience where you will find answers to these common questions:
- How can I get more traffic to my Teachers Pay Teachers store?
- How can I get customers to leave feedback?
- How can I grow my followers and get more sales?
- How do I use marketing to build awareness of my store and resources?