Products in this Bundle (9)
showing 1-5 of 9 products
This bundle of activities focuses on identifying the main idea and supporting details of various reading passages. Several activities include test prep elements, because main idea questions tend to appear frequently on standardized tests. It is designed to teach upper elementary and middle school students how to analyze a reading passage for its main idea in a way that will keep them engaged.
As an added bonus, I created 5-6 days of LESSON PLANS that outline how and when I use each of the included resources! You don't have to follow the lesson plan format I provide, of course, but it might be helpful in providing a bit of direction for you.
I invite you to check out the preview of each individual resource:
- Main Idea and Supporting Details Craftivity: Ice Cream Cones (You get to choose whether to use the Google version or the printable version.)
- Main Idea PowerPoint with a companion handout (You have my permission to convert this to Google Slides, if you wish. Also, the companion handout includes both a printable version and a Google Slides version.)
- Concentration Game
- I Have Who Has: Topic and Details Game (You get to choose whether to use the printable format that is played with an entire class or the Google Slides format that can be played individually or with a partner.)
- Main Idea and Best Title Worksheets/Assessment (You get to choose between the print version or the Google Slides version.)
- Main Idea and Details: Two FREE Passages
- 30 Task Cards (You get to choose whether to use the printable version, the Google Slides version, or the Google Forms version.)
- 5 passages with graphic organizers! (You get to choose whether to use the Google version or the printable version.)
- Main Idea and Details Foldable Craftivity: Our Amazing Earth (You get to choose whether to use the Google version or the printable version.)
Are you looking for main idea resource to use with 2nd and 3rd grade students? CLICK HERE to check out my bundle for 2nd and 3rd graders.
Are you looking for a main idea intervention resource, or main idea activities designed to be used with a small group of students? You might want to check out my set of Main Idea Tri-folds! CLICK HERE!
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
The resources in this bundle are to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting these items (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!