This Main Idea Kit targets reading comprehension and includes a huge set of differentiated activities for scaffolding. There are 5 main idea passages (each in 3 different reading levels), 3 sets of task cards, 3 games, 3 sorts, and 3 matching activities. Everything you need is here in this time saving kit for busy teachers!
Here’s what it includes:
5 Passages: Each in 3 Different Reading Levels with Questions (Snow Leopards, The London Eye, Asteroids, The History of Mr. Potato Head, and Castles)
3 Sets of Task Cards (Main Idea Categories, Find the Main Idea, and Which Supporting Detail Does Not Match the Main Idea?) and a record sheet
3 Games (Each game has 42 game cards), 3 Colorful Game Boards and 3 Black and White Game Boards
3 Sorts (Tasmanian Devils, Japan, Pyramids)
3 Matching Pages (Giraffes, Ice Cream, The Moon)
Keys for Everything
Detailed Teacher Notes
Why you'll love this resource:
- There are a variety of materials included, from task cards, to games, sorts, matching pages, and passages.
- Scaffolding is built in to this unit, to provide your students with support.
- The passages and game are already differentiated into three different levels!
- The activities are very interactive and lots of fun!
- The passages are high interest ones that your students will enjoy!
- You can use this resource in so many ways, from reader's workshop time, guided reading, literacy centers, whole class games, exit slips, SCOOT and scavenger hunts, homework, test prep, and more!
If you’re looking for more main idea resources, you might want to take a look here:
Here are some other resources which might be helpful:
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.