Products in this Bundle (4)
This Main Idea Bundle includes both a print and digital format (for Google Forms and other platforms) and includes a huge set of differentiated activities for scaffolding main idea practice. There are 5 main idea passages (each in 3 different reading levels), 3 sets of 32 task cards, 3 games with game boards, 3 sorts, and 3 matching activities. Everything you need is here in this time saving kit for busy teachers!
5 Passages: Each in 3 Different Reading Levels with Questions (Snow Leopards, The London Eye, Asteroids, The History of Mr. Potato Head, and Castles)
3 Sets of 32 Task Cards ( Find the Main Idea Using a Supporting Detail, Here are 4 Supporting Details: What is the Main Idea, and Which Supporting Detail Does Not Match the Main Idea?) and a record sheet
3 Games (Each game has 42 game cards), 3 Colorful Game Boards and 3 Black and White Game Boards (Games include: 1. There are 3 sentences and 2 are supporting details, which one is the Main Idea? 2. There are 4 supporting details given but what is the main idea? 3. The main idea is given and there are 2 sentences, which one is the supporting detail that matches the main idea?)
3 Sorts (Tasmanian Devils, Japan, Pyramids)
3 Matching Pages (Giraffes, Ice Cream, The Moon)
Detailed Teacher Notes
Teacher Notes with LINKS on the PDF
Why you'll love this resource:
- There are a variety of materials included, from task cards, to games, sorts, matching pages, and passages.
- The print and digital formats give you lots of versatility in your teaching!
- The digital format means that ALL activities are NO PREP and are SELF GRADING in Google Forms.
- Scaffolding is built in to this unit, to provide your students with support.
- The passages and game are already differentiated into three different levels!
- The activities are very interactive and lots of fun!
- The passages are high interest ones that your students will enjoy!
- You can use this resource in so many ways, from reader's workshop time, guided reading, literacy centers, whole class games, exit slips, SCOOT and scavenger hunts, homework, test prep, and more!
If you’re looking for more print and digital main idea resources, you might want to take a look here: (100% original content)
These are completely Digital Main Idea Resources and are drag and drop for Google Slides and PowerPoint: (100% original content)
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.