Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
*Nonfiction task cards and reading passage celebrating Black History icons such as Michael Jordan, Serena Williams, Bessie Coleman, Phillis Wheatley, Tigers Woods, etc.
Here are some supplemental resources you can use with your Main Idea/Supporting Details lesson plans. This packet also includes question stems from the *NEW ELA TEKS* for 3rd grade.
Included in this packet are the following resources:
* Pre-Assessment (5-question quiz on Michael Jackson printable on Quizizz)
* Task Cards - Students match the photographs (details) to their topic sentence (main idea).
* Discussion Cards - using STAAR-related question stems, students analyze their nonfiction texts while questioning each other.
* Sentence Task Cards - Students analyze (4) sentences and determine which (3) are the details and which one is the main idea.
* Formative Assessment - A rubric I created to assess students based on the I-Can statement for the day. Great way to track students and pull small groups before giving them a summative assessment.
* Vocabulary - 3 posters that can be displayed in the classroom
* Reflections - 2 reflection forms to be completed AFTER the lesson
* Summative Assessment - test to be given at the end of the week to determine mastery of the skill.
My students LOVED the task cards I created for this lesson! They are to be used at the beginning of each lesson to get them excited about the mini-lesson. I hope you find these resources useful.
Please let me know if you have any other questions, and make sure to check out these other great resources from my store similar to this one.