This product focuses on identifying main idea and details using nonfiction texts. It also requires students to use text evidence to answer questions. Students are asked to compare and contrast key details about each nonfiction topic.
This product addresses the following standards:
Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
Identify the main topic of a multiparagraph text as well as the focus of specific paragraphs within the text.
Describe the connection between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text.
Describe how reasons support specific points the author makes in a text.
Compare and contrast the most important points presented by two texts on the same topic.
This product addresses the following topics:
- Tornadoes (passage & questions)
- Hurricanes (passage & questions)
- Tsunamis (passage & questions)
- Blizzards (passage & questions)
- Earthquakes (passage & questions)
- The Rainforest (passage & questions)
- The Ocean (passage & questions)
- The Desert (passage & questions)
- The Arctic (passage & questions)
- The Forest (passage & questions)