Use this in a primary classroom to help students practice the skill of main idea and details. Students will be asked to determine which non-fiction details support a given topic (main idea). This is a great group activity but can also be done individually in stations or as an skill assessment.
I teach my kids the topic is like the dough of a pizza.
The toppings are like all the important details.
THIS PRODUCT IS VERY LOW PREP!
Simply print, cut and go!
How I use it in my classroom:
- Split students into 5 groups
- Each group receives a topic (main idea)
- Have pre cut slices mixed up and laying out on an empty table or desk (somewhere all groups can access)
- Groups will work together to find which details support their topic
- They are trying to make a complete pizza
- After all groups are done have a “gallery walk” to look at other groups pizzas
- do any details need to be switched?