Teaching main idea and details can be so tricky! This unit contains 3 PowerPoints for minilessons as well as several activities that your students will LOVE!
Here's what is included:
- Main Idea Tips Anchor Chart Templates
- Main Idea Graphic Organizer Anchor Chart Templates
- Main Idea and Details Ice Cream Cone (large and small versions)
- Main Idea and Details Taco
- Main Idea and Details Table (large and small versions)
- What's the Main Idea PowerPoint: students are given details one at a time and they guess the main idea based on the details given, Graphic Organizer, Recording Sheet, Answer Key (50 slides with 10 sets of Main Idea scenarios)
- Which Detail Doesn't Belong PowerPoint with Recording Sheet, Answer Key and Graphic Organizer (10 slides): Students are given the Main Idea and 3 Supporting Details. Students must choose the detail that does not support the main idea.
- Main Idea Picture It! Power Point with Recording Sheet, Answer Key, and Graphic Organizer (10 slides): Students are given a picture. They must analyze the picture and create a main idea to match the scenario in the picture.
Check out the preview for a look at everything inside. I used this with my 4th graders, but it could definitely be used with 2nd and 3rd grades as well.
Please Note: These activities are to be used alongside of a story, passage, or text. The text needed to create the ice cream cone, table, and taco are not included so that they can be used with any text that you are focusing on.
For more main idea activities click HERE.