Main idea is not easy skill to teach. But using poems to help you teach it, is quick and effective! So what's included in this pack?
* There is a mini anchor chart on how to find main idea as well as a strategy for proving a multiple choice question.
* Each poem has one to page to project, one student notes page, and at least one main idea question.
* I also included a question stem page in case you want to use these poems to teach other strategies.
* You can use this whole group, small group, or as an independent activity.
* There is a page for you to project. If you want to do this as a whole group or have your small group highlight on a smart board. Or, print the page, laminate it, and have student use dry erase markers.
* Each poem also has a students’ note page. There are two poems per page to cut down on copies
* Each question has a number at the bottom. I did not write the answer on each slide, but an answer key is included.
* I made each of the questions into task cards. There are two different types of recording sheets for you. On the first one, your students can just write their answers. On the second, the students must write the justification about why they chose the answer choices they did.