Also included in
- In an ideal world, students would always get to “practice reading” with self-selected independent reading texts. But, we all know that ideal isn’t always possible, and in some instances, we need to assign students specific passages and comprehension questions to help them practice the reading skills$30.00$41.50Save $11.50
- There are a lot of different reading strategies you can teach your students to help them identify the main idea of a nonfiction text. This reading bundle includes six reading resources that will help your students learn how to identify the main idea of nonfiction texts. *Click on each resource to pr$22.00$27.75Save $5.75
If your students are focusing on identifying the main idea of nonfiction texts, these reading passages and comprehension questions can help! This set of nonfiction passages will help your students get plenty of practice identifying the main idea.
12 Reading Passages each with a graphic organizer and comprehension questions. Each passage is short, yet engaging, and students will follow the same four-step process when reading each text.
- Step 1: Read the Passage
- Step 2: Think About the Passage
- Step 3: Organize Your Thinking
- Step 4: Respond to the Text
The goal with these texts is to give students an authentic reading experience where they have the time and space to critically think about the text and apply key reading skills.
How could I use this resource?
- Small Group Instruction
- Independent Practice
- Morning Work
- Spiral Review
- Test Prep
- Partner Practice
Table of Contents/Specific Text Focus
- Text #1 - Honeybee Communication (Main Idea and Details
- Text #2 - The French Revolution (Topic vs. Main Idea)
- Text #3 - The Great White Hurricane (Topic Sentence)
- Text #4 - JFK (Multiple Main Ideas for One Text)
- Text #5 - Is it a Squid or Octopus? (Main Idea in Headings)
- Text #6 - Polar Bears at Risk (Repeated Ideas)
- Text #7 - Preparing for the Worst (Topic, Subtopic, and Details)
- Text #8 - Cooking Fresh Pasta (Main Idea of Sections)
- Text #9 - Kamala Harris (Main Idea and Details)
- Text #10 - Untitled (Main Idea vs. Title)
- Text #11 - Suk-kegh (Main Idea)
- Text #12 - "Hello, 911, What's Your Emergency?" (Text Features Support Main Idea)
**The resource is also included in The Stellar Teacher Reading Membership.**
*Please note, there is no answer key included. Digital option is included.
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.