Products in this Bundle (3)
Also included in
- This massive main idea task card bundle is a collection of 9 sets of main idea and details task cards. There are 130 main idea task cards across multiple genres: fiction, poetry, informational, biography, expository. Main idea is asked in a variety of ways using graphic organizers, open-ended questi$14.40$16.00Save $1.60
Main Idea Task Card Bundle 3 addresses key ideas, main messages, and main ideas and details across fiction and informational texts. This task card bundle is perfect for grades 3-5 stations, Google Classroom (videos included), cooperative activities, warm-ups, STAAR prep, and shared reading.
It's designed for on-level 3rd- and 4th-grade readers and for intervention with 5th-grade. Questions align with 3rd and 4th-grade STAAR, but are also applicable to all main idea reading strategies.
What's In Main Idea Task Card Bundle 3?
- Three main idea task card sets 7-9
- Google Classroom videos and online resources
- Main Idea Task Card 7: Students will read about a kid entrepreneur, the bats of Bracken Cave, and William Wrigley.
- Main Idea Task Card 8: Students will read biography, fiction, and information topics including supernovas and honey bees.
- Main Idea Task Card 9: Students will read about soil, weathering, and erosion.
- 36 Multiple choice task cards
- Answer keys
- Teaching ideas
Main Idea Standards Alignment
2019 TEKS 3.6G, 4.6G, 5.6G: evaluate details read to determine key ideas
2019 TEKS 3.9Di, 4.9Di, 5.9Di: recognize the characteristics and structure of informational text, including central idea with supporting evidence.
CCSS RA.R2: Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.2: Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.4.2: Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.5.2: Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.
More Main Idea Task Cards
Task Card Mega Bundles
Copyright 2019 TeamTom Education, LLC.
All Rights Reserved.