Main idea task cards can be used as literacy stations, SCOOT! or around the room activities, or morning work. This is a fun way to practice the difficult skill of determining the main idea of a nonfiction paragraph.
24 informational paragraphs on high interest topics are included. Three separate answer sheets are included for task cards 1-12, 13-24, and 1-24 for the option of completing the activity in two sessions or in one session.
Some of the topics included are:
- How elephants use their trunks
- How the Statue of Liberty changed color
- The differences in crocodiles and alligators
- The Pony Express
- What gum is made of
- Tarantula bites
- The California Gold Rush
- Why chameleons change color
- The smallest frog ever discovered
- And more!