Also included in
- This main ideas and details task card bundle 2 focuses in on informational texts, both expository and biographies. Question stems are STAAR aligned and new 2019 TEKS are included.There are 48 task cards that will challenge and engage students for a week of instruction. They are perfect for teaching$5.40$6.00Save $0.60
- This massive main idea task card bundle is a collection of 9 sets of main idea and details task cards. There are 130 main idea task cards across multiple genres: fiction, poetry, informational, biography, expository. Main idea is asked in a variety of ways using graphic organizers, open-ended questi$14.40$16.00Save $1.60
16 Main Idea Task Cards to help students practice using details to find the main idea in paragraphs, sections, and graphics organizers in expository texts. Grades 3-5 comprehension practice focusing on main ideas and details.
This set includes:
- Informational Text on Special Olympics
- Informational Text on Telescopes and Stars
- Informational Text on a young Entrepreneur
- 12 Multiple-Choice Cards
- 4 Multiple-Choice with Graphic Organizers
Informational texts and questions are aligned with released STAAR. Great for teaching, practice, and test prep!
Best for on-level 3rd and 4th graders or for slightly below-level 5th and 6th graders.
- Text Complexity – Free Text Level Chart
- ATOS Level: 7.3
- Est. Lexile: 900L-1000L
- Flesch-Kinkaid Grade Level: 7.8
- DRA 60
Main Idea Questions in these Task Cards:
-The paragraph is mostly about -
-What is the main idea of this paragraph?
-Which sentence from the paragraph states the main idea?
-The paragraph shows the reader -
-What are three details that support the idea that __ ?
-This paragraph has details such as ____, so I think the paragraph is mainly about __.
Standards Alignment (STAAR, TEKS, and Common Core)
CCSS RA.R2: Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas.
Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text.
Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.
New 2019 TEKS Alignment
TEKS 3.6G, 4.6G, 5.6G: evaluate details read to determine key ideas
TEKS 3.9Di, 4.9Di, 5.9Di: recognize the characteristics and structure of informational text, including central idea with supporting evidence.
More Task Cards Resources
STAAR Daily Warm Ups:
Cause and Effect Task Cards
Copyright 2018 TeamTom Education, LLC
All Rights Reserved.
Sharing license available for purchase.