Main Idea Task Cards Differentiated Options with Audio Support Reading Strategy
Also included in
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. 17 sets include Audio Support and all the sets have Google Apps and Easel resources!This bundle includes 22 tasPrice $64.03Original Price $80.14Save $16.11
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get closPrice $260.20Original Price $377.43Save $117.23
- These eight sets of reading strategies task cards have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers.Each card features a short, curriculum-based, and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There arPrice $26.82Original Price $33.52Save $6.70
- Not only are these the top sellers in our store, they are also some of the best selling products on all of TpT! Classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers, you can't go wrong with these 6 ELA resources. Distance LearningAll of these products can be printed out or used digitally:Figurative LanPrice $49.81Original Price $61.81Save $12.00
- Teach main idea in both English and Spanish with this bilingual task card bundle! The task card sets are identical to each other and are great for ESL students, bilingual schools, and extra enrichment!You can be sure that the Spanish Task Cards are grammatically and culturally correct as they have bPrice $5.96Original Price $9.92Save $3.96
- Teach reading strategies in both English and Spanish with this bilingual task card bundle! The task card sets are identical to each other and are great for ESL students, bilingual schools, and extra enrichment!You can be sure that the Spanish Task Cards are grammatically and culturally correct as thPrice $27.28Original Price $54.20Save $26.92
Master Main Idea with these task cards! Build student confidence with this engaging and differentiated resource!
- 48 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- 4 Google Slides versions
- Easel Activity
- Easel Assessment - Self-Checking
- Digital or Print
- Challenge Cards to extend the lesson
- Audio Support
- Two Sets: Multiple Choice or Short Answer
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
Great for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving Reading Strategies Bundle!
This bundle includes these resources:
- Theme Task Cards
- Making Inferences Task Cards
- Informational Text Structures Task Cards
- Summarizing Task Cards
- Cause & Effect Task Cards
- Compare & Contrast Task Cards
- Author's Purpose Task Cards
This resource is also included in the following money-saving bundles:
- Reading Strategies Task Cards MEGA BUNDLE
- ELA Task Card MEGA BUNDLE
- ELA Best-Sellers Bundle
- Main Idea Bundle
This resource uses American English and is editable.
The paragraphs on Set 1 begin with a topic sentence, which makes it easy to find the main idea. These are great for third-grade students and students in higher grades that may need some extra practice. The paragraphs on Set 2 are similar to Set 1 except that they do not have a topic sentence and the main idea is not clearly stated. Students must instead infer the main idea. Set 2 is much more challenging and would be good for fourth grade and above.
The included Answer Sheets are also differentiated. The first one is multiple choice, while the second, more challenging one, requires students to write the main idea out. Both Answer Sheets are two pages (you may print them double-sided) and you could use either one with either set of cards. Answer Keys are also provided so students can check their work.
In addition, there are two Challenge Cards that can be used with any other card in either set. The Challenge Cards ask students to recount supporting details and explain how they are related to the main idea.
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "Loved these task cards! Paired with my Main Idea and Details Unit it really reinforced the skill. Used it as a SCOOT game and the students loved it! Being in a co-teaching classroom, it benefited to pair students so that my struggling readers could listen to a stronger reader but still be able to give input regarding the main idea." -Emily C.
✏️ "These task cards were perfect for center time during Guided Reading. Thanks for making such an awesome resource that I can use over and over for years to come." -Krystal Styles.
✏️ "I am new to task cards, but I have downloaded several of your packs and have started using them in my classroom. The students are very engaged, and they are able to practice their skills in manageable amounts. Thank you for all of your hard work! It is sincerely appreciated!" -Elise D.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
- Informational Text Graphic Organizers
- Real-World Reading Activities - With a twist!
- Reading Strategies Flipbook
Common Core Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.2 Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom