Also included in
- Save 20% with this set of Reading Strategy Task Card Sets for grades 3-6. Each set includes 24 cards, answer sheets, recording sheets, posters, labels and full size PDF task cards. Please click the product links above for more information.$3.17$3.96Save $0.79
- Save 20% with this set of Reading Strategy Task Card Sets for grades 3-6. Each set includes 24 or 32 cards, answer sheets, recording sheets, labels and full size PDF task cards.Please click the product links above for more information.$14.26$17.82Save $3.56
Use these cards to help your students to successfully master the challenging reading strategy of identifying the main idea in informational text (nonfiction).
48 Differentiated Task Cards- two sets of 24 cards
The short paragraphs on the first set begin with a clear topic sentence, which makes it easy to find the main idea. Use these cards for third-grade students and students in higher grades that require instructional adaptations.
The paragraphs on the second set are similar to the first, but do not have a topic sentence. Students are asked to infer the main idea. This challenging set is great for fourth grade and above.
Differentiated Answer Sheets
Choose between multiple choice or the more challenging start answer sheet that requires students to state the main idea. You can use either answer sheet with each set of cards. Students can check their work using the answer keys provided.
Full Page Task Cards
Display the included full page PDF task cards for whole class instruction or share the file with students to use with read aloud applications such as Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Read & Write Gold.
- Teacher’s Guide
- 48 Task Cards Color (they print great in black & white)
- 48 Full Page Task Cards
- Main Idea Poster
- Labels for Bins or File Folders
- Student Answer Sheets (multiple choice and short answer)
- Answer Keys