Also included in
- This is a bundle of my 3 best selling main idea resources so you can save time planning lessons while still making sure your students understand this difficult skill. Using this resource will help your students have a firm grasp on how to find the main idea, as well as how key details help support$10.50$14.50Save $4.00
Writing on topic paragraphs and quality topic sentences requires students to have a solid understanding of main idea. This no prep resource helps students think about the different aspects of paragraph writing while building a better understanding of main idea. Help students improve their understanding of main idea and supporting details through writing.
Save over 20% when you buy this as part of my Main Idea Activities Bundle!
This main idea writing resource includes:
- 4 pages of activities that have students write supporting details based on a given main idea or topic sentence
- 3 pages of activities that have students write a main idea or topic sentence based on the supporting details provided
- 2 pages of activities that have students read short paragraphs, cross out the sentence that does not fit with the main idea, and replace it with a better sentence
- 2 pages of activities that ask students to write an on-topic paragraph based on given titles
- 2 pages of activities that have students write paragraphs based on a given main idea
A grading rubric is provided to help you assess your students understanding of writing paragraphs on topic - with a clear main idea and supporting details to back it up.
These worksheets are ideal for 2nd and 3rd grade students practicing main idea and key details by writing paragraphs. They can be used as writing centers/writing stations, homework, independent practice, and more.
You might also like:
Kalena Baker, Teaching Made Practical