*** Recently Revised!!!****
I made this 15 day unit to help my 2nd graders learn how to identity the main idea and details in short stories. The preview file just shows 1 day with teacher lesson and the student pages.
This file includes:
- BW cover page
- Pre & Post Test w/ recording sheet
- Teacher Lesson Plans for 14 days of instruction
- Full sized and Half sheet student pages for each day
- cute graphics on the students pages for coloring
- 11 Big Main Idea graphic organizers for teacher demonstration
- All Black and White for easy printing!!!!
- No Prep needed
How to use
Give the pre-test 1st to see what your children already know. Then begin with lesson 1. I would do 1 lesson per day. They are quick mini-lessons you could do at the beginning or end of small groups or a whole group activity to begin your instructional time before work stations. After lesson 14 you will give the post-test. It has the same passages and questions but in a different order. Use the Data Sheet to record your scores and see the GROWTH!!