Also included in
- This main idea bundle has everything you need to keep your upper elementary and middle school students engaged as they read passages and identify the main idea and supporting details in the text. Several activities include test prep elements because main idea questions tend to appear frequently on s$14.00$25.98Save $11.98
Students match three supporting detail students to each of the five main idea statements.
Here is a hands-on, creative way to practice identifying main idea and detail sentences! Your students will match three supporting details to each of the five main idea sentences. This activity is ideal for Earth Day because of its Earth-friendly content, but it can be used at any time throughout the school year.
All of the main idea sentences are related to the Earth:
- Earth has a very specific place in the solar system.
- The Earth formed billions of years ago.
- The Earth has four layers.
- Sometimes natural disasters occur on Earth.
- There are many ways that we can protect Earth and its resources for a better future.
Each main idea sentence has three supporting details that the students must find and rewrite on the appropriate panel.
After students have transferred all of the detail sentences to the panels, they begin assembling their foldable booklet.
This resource includes student-friendly directions that can be projected for students to refer to throughout the worktime! An answer key is also included.
Note- I created this activity after my Main Idea and Details Craftivity based on ice cream cones worked so well with my students. It also quickly became one of my best sellers. I felt the need to create an activity that has a more academic focus for an Intervention group I had at that time. These students were making great progress, but still needed an additional opportunity to practice this skill so that they could reach a mastery level.
If you use Google Drive in your classroom, you might want to check out the Google version of this craftivity! CLICK HERE to view the Google version.
Check out these other products related to main idea and details:
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!