This Main Idea and Supporting Details lesson and recorded video lesson with extension activities is perfect for distance learning or in class as a flipped classroom lesson.
You can use this lesson several ways:
- The Google Slides lesson is 100% editable and includes direct strategy/skill instruction, multiple examples that build on understanding as the lesson progresses, and many opportunities to pause and think if used as a teacher-led interactive lesson in class or in a digital meeting.
- Recorded video lesson (included) - can be used as a flipped classroom style lesson for independent learning in class or out or can be used as a teacher-led lesson with pause time to stop and think/discuss, great for in class or digital meetings.
Extension activities can be completed several ways -
- in the lesson itself (included at the end of the slides)
- Two Jamboards - activity shared by the whole class as a collaborative check for understanding and opportunity to continue learning and discussion
- Google Slides activity - an independent extension for students who are ready for more, requires students to search for texts online to find details that support the given main idea
- Complete all of the extension activities progressively, or choose one to assign