Main Idea and Details Mini Unit
7 pages / activities
1. Read the passage. Then circle the answer to each question.
2. Read the passage. Circle the word or group of words that complete each sentence. Then write the answers on the lines.
3. Read each story. Then circle the sentence that could be the main idea.
4. Read each paragraph. Write two details from each paragraph that tells about the main idea.
5. Read the following article. List four supporting details that give more information about the main idea.
6. The introductory paragraphs below come from “Rattlers!” Read the paragraphs and answer the questions about the main idea and supporting details.
7. Read the paragraphs below. Then write the main idea and one detail on the lines provided.
Plus two "free" activities :
Compare and Contrast
Reviewing nouns, verbs, adjectives