Main Idea and relevant details is one of the most important skills we can teach our students. This resource teaches students how to determine the central idea of a text using the details the author provides as well as how to locate and identify those details that are relevant and why they are important.
This is a 4-day lesson explicitly states what part of the gradual release process you are working on and provides detailed notes for the teacher about what to say and do. Also included:
• A 42-slide PowerPoint that is fun and exciting for your students
• Student-friendly review of a stated and implied main idea
• Quick collaborative checks for understanding exercises for each day
• 3-column graphic organizer to organize thinking
• HOT questions for each day
• Sample passages to use for instruction
• Instructions for adapting the PowerPoint to use with ANY story
• An assessment that focuses on Main Idea and Relevant Details
You will use this PowerPoint for years to come, making it a great deal for the price!