Main Ideas and Supporting Facts!
Activities to help your students look for main idea and supporting facts.
Students can practice close reading skills with step by step instructions on finding main idea and supporting facts.
Five original informational text passages are provided with scaffolded activities to help students master finding main idea and supporting details.
• Five original short informative pieces, written with easy-to-find main ideas and supporting details for students to practice on.
• Posters, both in color for classroom, and black and white student copies describing finding Main Idea and Supporting Details
• Student sheets explaining: how to find main idea and supporting details and how to mark the text for later use.
• Two graphic organizers to transfer information onto
• Practice sheets:
• A series of work sheets for students to practice with hints for finding the main idea and supporting details
• Questions (Identifying Main Idea and Supporting Details)
• Writing: Text-dependent quick write
• Questions for review or assessment
CCSS Standards: RI 2.2, W 2.2