Also included in
- Looking to enhance your comprehension instruction with engaging and memorable activities? This BUNDLE contains all of my reading comprehension units, which are full of activities, crafts, and NO PREP graphic organizers to introduce and practice these comprehension skills and strategies in a way yourPrice $65.00Original Price $116.00Save $51.00
Are you in need of fun, engaging activities that enhance and improve your students' reading comprehension? These main idea and supporting details activities and graphic organizers are low prep and are perfect for creating a learning experience for your students. Use these digital and printable main idea activities, crafts, posters, anchor charts, worksheets, and more to transform your reading comprehension instruction!
Main idea and supporting details is an essential strategy that our readers need in able to adequately and effectively comprehend. It ties what the student is reading all together. This resource of activities, graphic organizers, and crafts can be used with any texts you already have (no texts included) and has a super fun CIRCUS THEME. This is a great unit to use for a room transformation! This packet is great to use with cooperative, whole group, and small group settings.
*There is now a DIGITAL component included in this resource. The independent tasks have been added to Google Slides TM. Please follow the download instructions within the Zip file.
This resource includes:
- Pages 4-21 Anchor Chart, Posters, Banners, and Signs
- Pages 22-24 Main Idea Magic Trick Opening Activity
- Pages 25-28 Main Idea Master Cooperative Group Activity, Directions, and Printable
- Pages 29-30 Bookmarks and Master Badges
- Pages 31-41 Circus Peanuts and Juggler Crafts
- Pages 42-50 Printable Resources and Exit Tickets
- Juggling Supporting Details
- Finding the "MANE" Idea
- Main Topic Top Hat
- Interactive Notebook Tabs
- Main Topic Mini Booklet
- Exit Tickets
- Pages 51-60 Step Right Up! Find the Main Idea Activity and passages
- Pages 61-62 Main Idea Palm Reading
- Pages 63-67 Brown Bag Book Club with Nonfiction Discussion Card
- Digital Graphic Organizers in Google Slides TM
You may also love:
Get more classroom tips and instructional strategies from me below:
Would you like to SAVE on new resources? Just click the GREEN STAR below my name. This will allow you to follow my store and receive e-mail notifications when a new resource is added.
Don’t forget to leave feedback on your purchase to earn TPT credits!