Also included in
- Comicbook hero + parody rap song = fun reading activities for 5th grade! Agree? Then this is a must-have for you! Based on our parody rap song, these activities will keep your students' attention using song lyrics while they practice a variety of reading skills. Easily incorporate them into independ$12.00$18.00Save $6.00
- Comicbook parody + rap songs = fun summer school reading activities! Agree? Then this is just for you! Based on rap songs, these activities will keep your students' attention using song lyrics as reading passages while they practice a variety of reading skills. Easily incorporate them into independe$24.00$35.50Save $11.50
This main idea and supporting details passage is a fiction text based on our comicbook hero, parody rap song. This song parodies two versions of a character as they tell their origin stories and explain their powers.
This activity challenges students to identify the main idea and supporting details for selected sections of the song lyrics which are used as a reading passage. The activities for the passage include multiple-choice questions, a graphic organizer, and a discussion activity.
This resource includes:
- the song lyrics for use as a reading passage
- 1 writing activity with 3 sections
- 6 multiple-choice, questions with the answer key
- 3 multiple-choice, questions with the answer key
- 1 "Main Idea on Beast Mode!" challenge activity where students will using their main idea and supporting details graphic organizer
- 1 where students discuss other characters and their alternate versions.
How to use this resource:
- Read and discuss the "What's the Main Idea?" section of the activity on page 1 with students.
- Have students preview the song lyrics on pages 3 and 4 to understand how the song lyrics are sectioned.
- Play the song and have students follow along with the lyrics.
- Pause the song after Verse 1A is finished
- Complete the graphic organizer on page 1 together as a class for Verse 1A as a practice activity. Ask students for supporting details to complete the graphic organizer. Brainstorm together as a class to summarize the main idea as one sentence based on the chosen supporting details.
- Play the remainder of the song and have students complete the remaining graphic organizer activities. Review student answers as a class when students are finished.
- Have students complete the remaining activities listed above independently. Review as needed or refer students to the instructions on page 1 for help.
- The answer key is located at the end of the document.
*Leave a review if you would like to see more activities like this.*
You may also like:
*Disclaimer: Rap Opera for Kids is not affiliated with the Disney or Marvel brands in any way. Rap Opera for Kids provides educational commentary, parody, and criticism of popular works in order to supplement classroom instruction.
Copyright © 2022 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Artwork by Darren Wheelock
*Font for "Rap Opera ... Kids. History. Reading. Math. And More... School Just Went Beast Mode. Educate. Entertain. Empower!" text by http://www.junkohanhero.com