Also included in
- Use these main idea and supporting details mystery bags, graphic organizers, and literacy centers to teach how to identify the main topic and retell key details of a text. This is a bundle of MAIN IDEA resources you can use ALL YEAR LONG!This BUNDLE resource comes in both printable and digital (Goog$21.00$27.75Save $6.75
Use these main idea and supporting details mystery bags, graphic organizers, and literacy centers to teach how to identify the main topic and retell key details of a text. Students will also learn how to identify the main topic of a multi-paragraph text and the focus of specific paragraphs within the text!
This resource comes in both printable and digital (Google Slides) formats, so whether you're in the classroom or teaching remotely, I've got you covered!
**SEESAW USERS: The Seesaw activities are already preloaded to the platform. You will simply click each activity to add them to your Seesaw library!
- Main topic anchor chart
- Main idea anchor chart
- Main idea OR main topic mystery bags activity: put clues into a TOP SECRET mystery bag or envelope, and students use the clues to figure out the main idea or main topic
- Sentence Strips: cut apart sentence strips and have students put them into a paragraph where the main idea is listed first... You can also make this into a race between groups or tables of students!
- Main Idea Puzzles - cut apart puzzles for students to put together and find the main idea
- Main Idea Scrambles - cut & paste worksheets for finding the main idea
- Reading Passages: four one paragraph passages with differentiated options for writing main idea and details (Option 1: cut and paste. Option 2: write it out.)
- Lesson ideas & organizers to go with The Important Book mentor text
- Seven Printables: different organizers to work on main idea and supporting details (4 various flip flap books)