Also included in
- Identifying the reading skill that students are struggling with is only half the battle - it’s so frustrating to search for the perfect reading comprehension passage to target your desired skill. My Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Passages were written intentionally to give targeted, repeated practPrice $56.00Original Price $70.00Save $14.00
- Identifying the reading skill that students are struggling with is only half the battle - it’s so frustrating to search for the perfect reading comprehension passage to target your desired skill. My Fiction and Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Passages were written intentionally to give targeted, rePrice $105.00Original Price $140.00Save $35.00
Determining main idea and key details of an expository text is the first big step in true reading comprehension of an informational text - so it’s a pretty crucial skill! These Main Idea and Supporting Details Reading Comprehension Passages were created for students to practice identifying the main idea and its key details over and over again to build their confidence and proficiency with this skill. Not only will students gain experience identifying a single main idea, but they will be exposed to passages with multiple main ideas as they work their way through this resource. With 3 differentiated levels for each of the 10 passages, differentiation is a breeze! Every passage was designed specifically to help students identify the main idea and supporting details. Your students will be pros at identifying and analyzing the hierarchy of information in nonfiction texts in no time!
● Reliable and ready-to-go resources to give kids more practice with main idea and key details
● Spending less time planning your centers, guided reading, and small group instruction
● Meeting students where they are - with 3 different levels, everyone feels challenged
● 10 differentiated nonfiction passages
● 3 levels of differentiation per passage
● Word count and Lexile levels recorded in the top left corner of each passage
Main Idea and Key Detail Thinking Maps
● After reading, students complete a short main idea and key details graphic organizer
Five Short-Answer Questions Per Passage
● 5 short-answer questions per passage
● Students identify one or multiple main ideas and the key details that support it
● Students analyze the connection between details and a passage’s main idea
Detailed Answer Keys
●Detailed exemplar responses for each question set
Digital Option for Use With Google
●Option to go 100% paperless with this resource
Ideas for Use:
●Small group instruction and intervention for struggling students
●Independent practice for a skills refresh
●Whole group instruction for a reteach or extra practice
Why Teachers Like You LOVE This Resource:
“I love these resources! Sometimes I use them in small group and other times I give them to students for independent work once we've worked with a specific skill. I love that there are differentiated Lexile levels!”, -Devon M.
“This is a great resource! I like how specific it was to finding the main idea and asking questions in multiple ways. I really like Kristine's resources.” -Alexis G.
⭐️Download the preview to see more!⭐️
Want more crucial nonfiction reading skills practice for your entire class? ➜ Click HERE to see The Complete Differentiated Reading Passages and Questions Bundle.
Give Students More Practice With Nonfiction Skills ➜ Check Out My Other Differentiated Resources
If you would like to get updates from me on NEW and CURRENT resources...
Thank you, and enjoy!
Copyright© 2018 Kristine Nannini
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
As always, please ask ANY and ALL questions before purchasing. Thank you so much!