Also included in
- 4 of my best selling, low prep "main idea" resources in one discounted bundle!!1. Main Idea and Supporting Details Reading Passages (Non-Fiction) Students can practice identifying the main idea and details through color coding. This resource gives students multiple opportunities to practice recogniz$28.20$35.25Save $7.05
- Main Idea and Supporting Details Passages - The Bundle These Google Classroom slides are perfect for distance learning, and the PRINTABLE worksheets provide easy, NO-prep classroom activities! A SELF GRADING Google Form quiz is also included.⭐ PRINT ⭐1. Students can practice identifying the main ide$12.50$14.99Save $2.49
- Main idea, opinion writing, using context clues, 4th grade morning work, and verbs worksheets are just a few of my 23 best selling 4th grade resources! You can find them all right here at a deep discount. Grab yours, and you'll have all of my favorite fourth grade essentials! The following topics ar$84.80$103.95Save $19.15
- 19 of my best selling 2nd grade resources are in one place at a deep discount. Grab yours, and you'll have all of my favorite second grade essentials!The following topics are covered:First day activities for 2nd grade1st day letterClass listPlan bookBack to school night formsYear long planMorning wo$54.59$66.38Save $11.79
- 23 of my best selling 3rd grade resources are in one place at a deep discount. Grab it now, and you'll have all of my favorite third grade essentials! The following topics are covered:First day activities for 3rd grade1st day letterClass listPlan bookBack to school night formsParagraph writing unitY$77.40$93.45Save $16.05
- 30 of my best selling 5th grade resources are in one place at a deep discount. Grab yours, and you'll have all of my favorite fifth grade essentials!The following topics are covered:First day activities for 5th grade 5th grade morning work1st day letterClass listPlan bookBack to school night formsPa$99.00$135.69Save $36.69
- Main idea, opinion writing, ancient civilizations, and 6th grade morning work are just a few of my 31 best selling 6th grade resources! You can find them all right here at a deep discount. Grab yours, and you'll have all of my favorite sixth grade essentials!The following topics are covered:First da$105.17$131.46Save $26.29
Students love these non-fiction main idea and supporting details passages! Finding the main idea and supporting details has never been easier. Using our main idea graphic organizer to color code nonfiction passages gives students multiple opportunities to practice recognizing text organization. When students can see the organization of a written paragraph, they can more easily identify the main idea.
In this resource you will find: anchor posters, main idea graphic organizers that can be applied to any text, color coded nonfiction main idea and supporting details passages that increase in difficulty, and answer keys.
“How to Find the Main Idea” Poster
Practice Passages ~ Easy
Practice Passages ~ Harder
*The easy passages ask students to find and restate the topic, main idea, and a detail. The harder passages ask them to find and restate the main idea, a detail, and an example of the detail.
The Google Slides version of this resource can be found HERE.
Due to the popularity of this resource, I have also created: Main Idea of the Week! It contains a year's worth of additional practice passages not found in any of my other resources or bundles.
CC.3.RI.2 - Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
CC.4.RI.2 - Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text.
CC.5.RI.8 - Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which point(s).
CC.6.RI.2 - Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
If you like this, you might also like the links below:
✦✦✦Connect with Peas in a Pod Lessons! ✦ ✦ ✦
✧Click Here to receive notifications on new FREEBIES and teaching resources
✧Download a Free Teaching Resources Shopping Guide!
Copyright: Copying any part of this product and placing it on the internet in any form (even personal/class website) is forbidden and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).In purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Peas in a Pod and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product. Thank you!