Main Idea for 4th and 5th Grades - Main Idea Activities - Main Idea Task Cards
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Imagine having a complete set of resources to take you through the year that targets standards in a kid-friendly way. This print and digital Reading Bundle is perfect to supplement to your reading curriculum and contains 10 essential reading units for 4th and 5th graders to help your students increaPrice $35.00Original Price $69.00Save $34.00
Finding the main idea can be so challenging for students! This Main Idea, Supporting Details, and Summary Unit can make it so much easier! The print and digital unit has everything you need, from reading comprehension passages to games, task cards, and graphic organizers! This unit has a variety of materials with high-interest passages and fun activities that will help your students master the concept of finding the main idea using informational text.
It includes: Print and Digital Versions
3 Main Idea, Supporting Details and Summary Passages (double-sided):
Disneyland’s First Day
3 Main Idea Passages (double-sided worksheets) with Multiple Choice Questions:
3 Main Idea Matching Worksheets:
The Revolutionary War
32 Main Idea Task Cards (plus student record sheet)
Main Idea Bag Activity with Picture Cards
Main Idea Sorting Game (40 cards)
9 Graphic Organizers
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade!!! (Click Here) It has 10 key reading units that cover many 4th and 5th reading standards!
Here are the units included in the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade!
Characters, Settings, and Events: Story Elements
Elements of Poetry, Drama, and Prose
Inferences Using Informational Text
Why you'll love this resource:
- It includes main idea passages, some requiring short answers and others with multiple choice answers.
- This unit also includes a digital version for Google Classroom™!
- There are a variety of formats included, from passages, games, task cards, activities, graphic organizers, and more!
- The passages are high-interest ones your students will enjoy, like Disneyland's First Day!
- The printables are low prep for busy teachers!
- It's easy to plan and assign for distance learning.
- It may be used in a number of ways, from guided reading, to reader's workshop, independent work, literacy centers, exit slips, homework, whole-class games, test prep, and more!!!
Need Main Idea for third grade? This set has the same task cards and graphic organizers but different passages.
Want more main idea activities? This one has 5 leveled passages (3 levels for each), 3 games, and 3 sets of task cards:
Main Idea Kit for 3rd - 5th Grades
Looking for completely digital Main Idea units for Google Classroom? These have original content and are interactive with moveable pieces:
3rd Grade Digital Reading Unit: Main Idea for Google Slides™
4th Grade Digital Reading Unit: Main Idea for Google Slides™
5th Grade Digital Reading Unit: Main Idea for Google Slides™
Also, I do want to suggest a great set of reading games that would go well with this reading unit. There is a game for EACH READING STANDARD!!! It comes in a set of 10 for fiction, a set of 10 for nonfiction, or a bundle of 20 reading games specifically for 4th and 5th grades!
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may not be placed on the internet (except in a password-protected website for students, like Google Classroom™), on a school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.