This differentiated for all learners, kid-friendly, highly visual, main idea unit addresses the main topic, main idea, and details of a story. Teacher modeling begins with a pocket chart activity and anchor chart resources, scaffolding the lesson for all students.
- Suggested lesson plans for 2 to 3 weeks of main idea practice for whole group as well as small, partner, and individual. The uses are endless based on your students needs for main topic, main idea, and details.
- 3 posters with definitions for main topic, main idea, and details
- Anchor Chart resources
- 6 Picture/Pocket Chart Sorts (students will use the pictures to sort into details)
- 28 Student Chart Topics & Main Idea Statements (students will use these to create their own main topic, main idea, and details charts)
- 6 Story Sorts
- 6 Comprehension Passages (Students read the passages and locate the main idea and details.)
- 3 Graphic Organizers
- 1 Foldable