Download the preview to this product and receive FREE printables related to some fun trivia about Maine!
This is product is full of interactive notebook inserts to help students learn all about the state of Maine:
Maine state shape booklet
- - information inserts about when Maine became a state
-- geographical location and size of Maine
--landscape of Maine
- - story behind Maine's name
Lighthouse graphic and information
White Pine graphic and information plant information
Chickadee (state bird) with wild life information
Question flaps about the people of Maine:
--famous writers and artists
First peoples cover flap and information
--includes Red Pain People, Clay People, and Abenaki
First Europeans cover flap and information
--includes information about Vikings, and a few first explorers
It Began with 2 Nobles
--story behind King James I granting Maine and New Hampshire land areas to 2 different nobles.
Part of Massachusetts Bay Colony
- - map of the 13 colonies with Massachusetts Bay Colonies shaded in
French & Indian War cover flap and information
Excuse me, did you say New York Tea Party
--information about Maine's involvement in supporting the rest of the Americans in the American Revolutionary War - - including their involvement in the New York Tea Party (yes, it is a tea party similar in intention to the Boston Tea Party, and it's a different tea party from the Boston Tea Party)
Burning of Falmouth cover flap and information
--information on how Britain punished Maine for its involvement in the American Revolution
War of 1812 cover flap and information of Maine's experience
Maine: The Milltown State
- - information on how the mills made Maine a successful state, and how Maine attracted immigrants through the mill's booming economy
The Arrostook War cover flap and information
- - Information on how Britain and America disputed over where the border was between Maine and Canada
Maine in the Civil War
- - information about how Maine was involved in the Civil War, including information about Harriet Beecher Stowe being from Maine.
Wood, Steam, Mill
- - information about how wood ships were replaced with steam ships - how it could have affected Maine's economy but didn't, because paper mills grew as a need.
Maine and a World at War, Twice
- - information about Maine's involvement in World War I and World War II
Can Money Grow on Trees? Economy and the Environment: That is the Real Question
- - information about how Maine struggles to keep a balance in protecting their environment but also keeping a thriving economy
A Land of State Parks
- - information about some of the history of Maine's state parks
Portsmouth, Maine or Portsmouth, New Hampshire?
- - information about how Maine and New Hampshire disagreed over who claimed the Portsmouth shipyard in Kittery.
A Time Line of Maine's History
- - including information about Andre the Seal, food, dialect, art, and sports.
What? Your state isn't here? Stay tuned, and it may show up. I am conducting a study of each of the 50 states this year, and will post products for each state once their studies are complete,
***Update: September 3, 2014, I added a resource map with answer key. Because I did not want the map too cluttered, most of the resources are only listed once (unless I wanted to suggest certain resources as primary resources of Maine). I also added a regular map of Maine, with an answer key included.
*** Update: September 15, 2014, I added a foldable card showing a map of Maine with the capital located on it. It includes an insert to help aid students in remembering the capital of Maine, as well as some of the state's key features.
***Update: March 23, 2016: I added a page on the Maine state flag, as well as a page on the Maine state flower. I changed out the blackline clip art for the state bird.