This is a very engaging and fun activity that will afford your students an opportunity for both listening comprehension and speaking practice using the rooms in the house vocabulary and things you do there.
This activity is called "Où suis-je?" and that is how you want to proceed:
Part 1 (teacher-lead, all-class activity) - listening comprehension practice
1. Print the house picture, one for each student.
2. Print only one copy of the sentences for yourself.
3. Distribute the house pictures.
4. Read sentences, one at a time and have students point to the room in question. Call on a student to give the answer.
Part 2 (student-lead, pair activity) - listening comprehension and speaking practice
1. Proceed the same way as above, except, working in pairs, students take turns describing an activity one might do in a room and their partner has to point to that room.
2. Have each partner make at 7 sentences before they switch roles.
The sentences are written in present tense using fairly simple vocabulary that French 1 and French 2 students could understand. Each room is described in 2 ways: using presence tense of the verb and using "être en train de + infinitive" expression.
Teacher reads the sentence: "Je suis en train de préparer le dîner. (or Je prépare le dîner). Où suis-je?" Student answers: "Tu es dans la cuisine."
There are 13 sentences describing various rooms.
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated and it will earn you some TpT store credit that you can use for your future purchased. Merci beaucoup!