Also included in
- Only three weeks left before your excited students begin the summer? This bundle is a survival kit for tired teachers! 80 games, 15 mysteries, a movie, planning their own film locations, sorting characters from their most recent book into a Hogwarts House and making a mini-memory book of their year$16.75$24.40Save $7.65
- 3 fun writing and presentations resources on ANY novel comprise this multi-purpose, 30% off bundle. There are enough writing and speaking activities here to take your students happily through an entire unit of study with ANY novel, or even a memoir or play. Please click on the links below to check o$5.90$8.45Save $2.55
- Need fun activities to suit ANY Middle School summer reading books your students might have read ? This back to school duo gives students creative and analytical writing activities that prompt them to reflect on ANY books they read over the summer. For variety, a few activities involve fun, simple d$3.95$4.95Save $1.00
- This back to school ELA Middle School 120 page bundle provides at least two weeks of entertaining speaking and writing activities. Your students will have fun, but be challenged too by lots of exercise of their inferential skills. There's lots of variety. Speaking in pairs, speaking (very briefly) t$12.00$17.15Save $5.15
- This high-interest homework reading comprehension packet is perfect for independent learning and remote learning. Even after the Coronavirus subsides, your grade 4 and grade 5 students will continue to enjoy these home study tasks. Two of these resource contain reading (including a 10,000 word nove$10.75$15.94Save $5.19
These grades 5-8 printable or digital worksheets will suit ANY book and allow students to show their close reading and comprehension of a text in a different and exciting way. Students compete to be chosen as the location scout for a movie studio that is shooting a movie (or remake) of their novel, short story, or play. Their main job is to find local places where TWO of the major settings in the book could be shot. One location is an interior – a room- and one is an exterior. Students also have to decide on other aspects, such as props and furniture, and the weather that the external scene should be recorded in. The third location is one to be built by the movie studio. Students have to design this set themselves.
For every decision they make, they have to write a few sentences on the worksheets, justifying their choice. Students are also required to complete simple sketches. A brief rubric is included, and a model answer key for the first page, just to get students started.
Here’s what you get.
Page 1 General instructions to students
Page 2 Room questions
Page 3 Room layout sketch
Page 4 Room sample sketch
Page 5 Furniture questions
Page 6 Furniture drawings
Page 7 Props list
Page 8 Props questions
Page 9 Exterior location questions
Page 10 Exterior location picture or photograph
Page 11 Weather questions
Page 12 Studio set questions
Page 13 Studio set sketch
Page 14 Answer sample for the first page
Page 15 Teacher’s rubric
The answer sample is for SE Hinton’s The Outsiders, but the activities are so clearly explained that you most likely won't need to provide most students with further help.
You can use the TpT Digital Activities layer to make this resource a digital, interactive resource. After purchase, you go to the product page and click the red button labeled Use as a Buyer. This allows you to edit parts of the resource to suit your needs; for example, you can remove the answer page and the cover, and add answer boxes. It allows your students to write or type answers in the answer boxes, and to annotate and highlight. The tool can only be used with Google Classroom. Once a student has submitted the assignment on a device, you can review the work and share feedback with the student through the TpT Digital Activity layer.
If your students enjoy this activity, a lot more fun awaits in my resource of 80 games, including literary terms bingo.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about this product - or any other product in my store - please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you!
If you purchase this resource, please consider writing a review, accessed through your My Purchases page. I get advice and you get TPT credits to be used on future purchases- a true win-win!