"When am I ever going to use this?"
It is a question that has plagued math teachers for decades. Now you can answer the question with an activity built around a real-world context.
Focusing on these NCTM standards:
- Determine if a linear or quadratic function best fits a data set
- Use regression to find a quadratic model
- Evaluate a quadratic function at a given value
- Solve a quadratic equation with the Quadratic Formula
- One engaging real-world math activity (two pages)
- Worked-out solutions (two pages)
- Activity Objectives
- Cover, copyright, and letter from the author