"When am I ever going to use this?"
It is a question that has plagued math teachers for decades. Now you can answer the question with an activity built around a real-world context.
Focusing on these NCTM standards:
- Use a quadratic model for the position of a falling object
- Create a linear equation for the velocity of a falling object
- Use the quadratic formula to find x-intercepts
- One engaging real-world math activity (two pages)
- Worked-out solutions (two pages)
- Activity Objectives
- Cover, copyright, and letter from the author