"When am I ever going to use this?"
It is a question that has plagued math teachers for decades. Now you can answer the question with an activity built around a real-world context.
Focusing on these NCTM standards:
- Determine the periodic function that will best fit a scatter plot
- Calculate the midline and amplitude of a sinusoidal model
- Calculate the period of a periodic data set
- Create a sinusoidal model for a periodic data set algebraically
- One engaging real-world math activity (two pages)
- Worked-out solutions (two pages)
- Activity Objectives
- Cover, copyright, and letter from the author