"When am I ever going to use this?"
It is a question that has plagued math teachers for decades. Now you can answer the question with an activity built around a real-world context.
Focusing on these NCTM standards:
- Use long division
- Interpret the practical meaning of a fraction
- Factor an integer into its prime factors
- Convert a percent into a fraction
- Determine the practical meaning of quotients and remainders
- One engaging real-world math activity (two pages)
- Worked-out solutions (two pages)
- Activity Objectives
- Cover, copyright, and letter from the author